Simulation Modeler is an application for developing simulation models and carry out simulation runs. It is used to configure simulation scenarios and individual simulation cases based on such a scenario. Once a case has been defined, simulation runs can be executed under control of this application. As a modeling application is allows the user to perform all modeling activities such as definition of model scope through selection of facilities and resource definitions to be included, products to be produced, and /or schedules to be executed. Furthermore simulation case parameters can be set, which will control simulation goals and constraints such as time span covered, resource limits, environmental conditions etc.
Executing a case will result in generating a wealth of data that can be further processed and reviewed. Apart from supporting document generation of such results, further analysis can be performed which may result in creation of modified cases for further analysis. It therefore supports effective execution of continous, iterative simulation runs to carry out what-if analysis and/or optimization tasks.
Main functions include:
- selection of facilities to be included in the simulation
- selection of products or parts of products to be included in the simulation
- selecting schedules for additional activities to be included
- validation of the composed model
- execution of simulation runs
- visualisation and processing of results